1. Do Not simply GLUE the brooch bar to the back of a plastic button / any button actually.
2. Cut a circle of felt that is a touch smaller than the perimeter of your button.
3. Sew the brooch bar onto that using strong thread. I always sew with embroidery thread.
4. Glue that to the back of the button - being careful not to let the glue seep through any holes in the button. I have layered / stacked these buttons for the Sailor Button Brooch.
5. i use this glue: http://lovepaperfish.com/userimages/procart22.htm
Because it dries clear and flexible AND you can the nozzle small for tiny projects.
6. Leave to dry for hours and hours and hours!! WEAR WITH PRIDE x