A brief introduction to Coconut Oil (it is brief)...

 I have been asked HOW i make my amazing face (and body) Creme... so i am going to write it up here on the blog but then had a panic and thought maybe some people would like a brief introduction to Coconut Oil...!? I mostly buy this brand. A big tub like this costs around £15. It is the only fat i use in baking and cooking other than occasionally Quality Butter.It is worth researching Coconut Oil a bit on the old Google machine because i believe its Health Benefits are far reaching.
 I used to HATE Coconut. But that was before i did 2 things:
1. Become a grown-up and stop 'haaaaating things'
2. Start doing things that are really good for my health and make positive changes - forever.
I bought the Biona products from the above link (no, i am no affiliate, i just did buy this stuff here)
 Coconut is not a nut.
I know, weird huh? but it isn't. Still, we human folk can have allergies to all sorts of things. Soooo i may recommend this 'for me' but only you guys can know what IS and is NOT ok for you. 
Despite it being called an OIL - the product is solid, like a butter, but a bit more crumbly. But it melts very quickly and easily (that is part of its health benefits... but we risk complicating things there if i carry on)
Aside from cooking with Coconut Oil and eating direct from the pot on a spoon or on toast....
I also rub it all over my body as a moisturizer. I have not used oils or body cremes or soap even, for many many many months. My skin has never been so soft and blemish free and lacking in eczema and psoriasis. 
Yes, at first i smell a bit coconutty and feel like a greasy chip but then it sinks in super quick.
I have got over feeling silly about all this. It is cheap, effective, healthy and better for me. It's a no brainer as far as i am concerned.
 (Oh yeah, i have used this brand below also)
Viridian also sell superb quality Coconut Oil.
Ideally we want Raw, Virgin Coconut Oil. Quality is always best when we are wanting optimal health for ourselves. I am just finishing my Certification in Viridian Supplements. It has been awesome learning so much more about how micro-nutrients can help heal us. I am in a position in my life, right now, in which healing is needed and is a priority.


So, i hope that is a useful albeit whizzy introduction to this super product!!!
Then, i can post my easy 'How To' Face Creme :)

Comments

  1. Great article! Youve done a terrific job of highlighting the benefits of coconut oil in an interesting way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment